Does Your Child Have Cavities? Get Them Filled Today!
Are your child’s baby teeth sometimes in pain, or do they currently have a cavity? As baby teeth are eventually going to fall out, the temptation could be to ignore the cavities as it would take time and may be costly to fix them. It is important to remember that even though your child’s baby teeth will eventually fall out, they are the only teeth your child has right now. This is why it is imperative your children’s cavities are filled just as any permanent tooth cavity would be. Failing to repair cavities in your child’s baby teeth can have lasting repercussions on their adult teeth and oral hygiene.
Facts About Baby Teeth & Adult Teeth:
- Baby teeth are placeholders for adult teeth and provide your child with the chance to learn how to correctly care for their oral health by learning proper brushing and flossing habits.
- If baby teeth are damaged or missing, when adult teeth move in, they have the possibility of moving into the wrong space in the gum tissue leading to:
- Crooked teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Painfully impacted teeth
- Taking care of your child’s baby teeth is just as important as taking care of their adult teeth meaning you should:
- Schedule an appointment with Gaston Dental Associates right away if your child is in any sort of oral pain
- Fill your child’s cavities even if they are located in their baby teeth
Given what we know about the importance of taking care of baby and adult teeth, it is vital you never ignore any oral hygiene problems or pains your child may be experiencing.
Here at Gaston Dental Associates, your child’s oral health is our top priority. If you have any questions or concerns about your child’s baby teeth, please do not hesitate to give us a call today at (704) 396 – 6166.