Am I A Good Candidate for Veneers?
Veneers are a great solution to achieving the bright, white, and perfectly aligned smile you dream of. With veneers you can take care of the work done through braces, extensive whitening treatments, and dental crowns and / or bridges, all in one procedure! However, it is important to first determine if you are a good candidate based on the following qualifications our team in Gastonia, NC has put together.
When to Consider Veneers
Veneers can successfully fix a multitude of aesthetic issues you may have with your smile, here are some of the most popular reasons people choose veneers:
- Severely stained or discolored teeth (bring back the bright white you have lost from years of food and beverage stains or even from decay and old dental fillings)
- Minor imperfections (fix cracked, chipped or even misshapen teeth)
- Alignment issues (we can create a perfect, straight smile in just one procedure rather than over months or years)
This all sounds great, right? Now we can move into symptoms or issues that may cause our specialists at Gaston Dental Associates to steer you in a different direction from veneers based on your individual history and oral health needs.
Oral Health Requirements
Veneers aren’t for everyone, and even though we will perform a thorough examination and cleaning when you come in for your consultation, it can be nice to have fair warning for the potential issues we may find.
- Sufficient tooth enamel (enamel must be strong enough to create a bonding surface)
- Moderately straight teeth (severe misalignment can create too much pressure and cause veneers to crack)
- No issues with teeth grinding or clenching
- Ability to avoid biting nails, pens, or other daily habits
- Regularly maintain good oral hygiene! (brushing and flossing twice daily as well as keeping up with 6 month dental appointments)
Call our front desk team today at 704-396-6166 or use our easy, online scheduler to book your consultation with us! We will be happy to help determine the best path for your journey into cosmetic dentistry.
You must be logged in to post a comment.